The Forgotten Planet Game Music

The Forgotten Planet - Menu Music - By Josef Falkensköld ( www.falconshield.com )


Wednesday 25 August 2010

Let there be sound, and there was sound!

Hello!

Yesterday I added the SDL mixer library to the game project. It makes playing sounds and music very simple. In only a couple of minutes I had the first .wav file playing and another 10 minutes and music was playing from my speakers as well. Now I can start working on the various sound effects for the game.


After some googling I found out how to record the internal sound with gtkrecordmydesktop, so here's the youtube video with music and sound in-game.


Click to watch the Youtube Video:Music & Sound in-game


I must say that it feels good to get sound in-game early instead of late in the game creation process. Now I have to focus on designing sound effects for enemies, surroundings, explosions etc etc... when I throw them into the game.

Until next post!

SolarStrings

No comments:

Post a Comment